Saturday, November 16, 2013

SCORE #1

So, my wife said she'd like a vintage-style sink in our utility room, and indeed Kohler makes a gorgeous reproduction one just like she wants, it's called the Brockway - they start at $1100, not including a faucet!  Then I did what I love and do best, I surf craigslist daily and then hit the pavement, of course in conjunction with a driving job.  And looky what I found - for $30!  It needs to be re-glazed, but it's authentic and comes with the hanging bracket, and I love it!  Thank you Bill of Framingham, MA.

Next week I look at a brand new, reproduction acrylic clawfoot tub in Brooklyn, NY right after I drop off 4 students at JFK.  I'll be sporting a monster SUV, perfect if I buy the tub which is currently available on various websites for $2000... stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm insanely jealous of your sink find! (both of them actually!). I live in Utah and will be building a Noble home out here - you just can't find this kind of stuff in the West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail try architectural salvage yards they have great finds. SF, Seattle, Portland, even Salt Lake City! Great finds are worth the hunt!

      Delete