Tuesday, October 15, 2013

WABI-SABI

"Wabi-Sabi represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete."

WOW what a gorgeous New England fall day. Even though at this very moment I'm feeling very overwhelmed with everything we have to prepare for the demo in March, I only have to look out the window at the Meadows to feel a sense of relief and certainty that this is where I belong.

Our little yellow house as it is right now is CLUTTERED! And ya know it's not even like we have a ton of stuff but we lack any real storage. Two small closets, that's it; no basement or attic or garage so what you see is EVERYTHING we own! And really it's not that much. That said the little we do have there is NO space for and it's driving me a little crazy. S is seven, close to eight and it amazes me how much stuff we've acquired in those years.  My goal today is to make a dent. I'm starting on ONE area. Every inch of our home needs organizing and if I focus on it all, I'm stopped in my tracks and I can't move forward! I've always loved the idea of less is more and I really want to embody that in our new space, along with the wabi-sabi aesthetics we've always embraced. In just the very small amount of de-cluttering I just did, I can't tell you how much better I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment